Your Eyes Will Thank You For Clean Glasses
Your glasses provide you with the glorious gift of sight… but do you appreciate them as much as you should?
Life is busy. We know it can be hard to prioritize cleaning your glasses, but it’s important to do so. Neglecting your glasses can compromise your sight by creating a film on your lenses.
Keeping Your Lenses Clean Is Easy
According to the American Optometric Association, the best things for dirty lenses are simple household items: kitchen-sink soap, warm water, and a soft, 100% cotton cloth.
- Wash the lenses by running them under warm water with a tiny drop of dishwashing detergent on the tip of your fingers to lather the lens.
- Rinse the soapy lenses with warm water.
- Dry the lenses gently with your clean, 100% cotton cloth.
[iframe http://www.youtube.com/embed/KtLre50D5mg 620 349]
Some “DON’TS” To Save Your Lenses
Here are a few general “DON’TS” that will save your lenses from additional scratching and damage:
- DON’T wipe your glasses when dry.
- DON’T dry your glasses with a soft Kleenex or paper towel. They have rough fibers that leave debris behind and, if cleaned dry, can scratch the lenses further.
- DON’T use regular household glass cleaner or ammonia based products. They can cause more damage than good to your lenses.
- DON’T leave your frames on dirty surfaces like bathroom counters where makeup, hairspray, and perfume residue build up. This can create buildup that make it more difficult to clean off.
If you’ve tried cleaning your lenses at home but they just can’t get cleaned, contact us! We can give them a deep clean in our office, or we can talk to you about our favorite eyeglass spray cleaners.